Friday, February 7, 2014

{Book Review} Forever By: Karen Ann Hopkins


Young Adult

Publication Information 

January 28, 2014 

Harlequin TEEN





 goodreads summary I want is my happily-ever-after. That's all I've wanted since meeting Noah Miller. From the day we met, the world has tried to keep Noah and me from being together, but now that I'm carrying his child, no one will be able to tear us apart. Or so I hope. But Noah and I have made some mistakes along the way, and the consequences are impacting the people we love. Worse, there's a storm on the horizon, and it's sure to cause serious devastation. If we can get through this, we'll finally be Rose and Noah; a family, forever. But first we have to survive the road ahead. And happily-ever-after is a long way off.


I waited patiently for the story of Rose and Noah to come full circle. I waited to read what life would throw at them. The wait is over and my feelings are torn in two directions. When a series ends it's hard on the reader. When an awesome series ends, it's devastating to the reader. This is one of those series where I've followed the author from the beginning to the end. First direction, I had to come to the realization that the love story is over for Rose and Noah. It will forever be in my heart that their love story has ended. Karen Ann Hopkins, author of the Temptation series has created a novel with twists and story lines that I never saw coming. All wrapped up in a page turning novel, where I silently hoped that the last page would never come. Second direction, is the notion or glimpse of hope that something else may come out of this love story of determination and coming of age into to the world of adulthood. Some doors have been left open.  Doors  that I believe Ms. Hopkins can walk right through with more stories to tell and with new character focuses. I hope she will. I hope she'll be an author that won't stop, but will keep giving her readers novels that leave a lasting expression on the soul.

Rose and Noah have come to a part of their life where change is coming. Change has arrived. It's here and there is no turning back. There is very little I can say without ruining all of the great moments in Forever. If you know their story well, you know that they are meant for one another. The only thing that holds them back is that they live in two different worlds, but not for long. Will Rose become the humble Amish girl that she longs to be? Will their love be such a strong link that it will carry them through what the world throws at them? Karen Ann Hopkins captures her readers with endless descriptions of life, tragedy, healing and love. All components that makes for a series that is unforgettable.

No comments: